You would be surprised to know that there are 206 bones and more than 300 joints in a human body. Their credibility is to help you move around without any difficulties.
However, bones are not relieved from the words such as pain, discomfort, inability to move, etc. Thus, diagnosing the bone alignments needs specialists, and treatment is prescribed based on the condition.
But, there remains the question – when should you pick up the phone and call the orthopedic doctor Let’s help you out –
If you are witnessing any of these signs, then it’s time to get an appointment with an orthopedic.
Difficulty in performing everyday work
If you struggle while climbing stairs, walking 1 to 2 km, or simply facing a painful joint while strolling, then it’s time to see an orthopedist. These are everyday tasks, and one should be able to do them without any hassle.
However, it is quite common for an aging individual to have joint and bone discomfort. And, if you belong to this category, then it is essential for you to get a specialized opinion if you are unable to perform the basic daily activities.
Enduring chronic pain
It is quite common to get bruises or face minor accidents because you were not careful while walking. You can bump into the table or door, resulting in pain and discomfort. But, this uneasiness goes away within 2 to 3 days after administering proper painkillers or ointment.
However, if the pain lasts for more than 12 weeks, then the condition is quite critical. You must seek specialized help from ILS Hospitals immediately.
Limited range of motion
Are you unable to lift your hand? Or, do your joints feel tighter? Do you face difficulties with the range of motion? If your answer to all these questions is “Yes”, it is quite significant that you might have to consult an orthopedic before the situation worsens. It is highly recommended to get proper treatment; otherwise, it can lead to limb impairment.
Instability while walking
Do you feel dizzy while walking? Or, do your feet feel wobbly? Are you unable to perform the basic functions like sitting down or standing up? Then, there must be something restricting the joint movements.
To get back to normal joint functions, you must get proper treatment. Book an appointment to correct the instability. Consulting with a medical specialist is essential as an individual with shaky legs is prone to accidents.
No improvement in soft tissue injury
Have you twisted your knee or sprained your ankle? Then, this falls under the category of soft tissue injury. You need to monitor the intensity of pain for the next 2 days, and it should subside within this time frame.
But, if it does not, and it’s already 48 hours since you have been injured, then book an early appointment with an orthopedic doctor in Kolkata.
Other conditions that require immediate consultation with the best orthopedic
- Often overuse of muscles and joints can generate shoulder pain, which does not subside easily. Or, there might be indications of tendonitis.
- A tingling sensation in the thumb, index finger and middle finger are possible signs of Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Is there a feeling of discomfort in the upper part of the body? These can occur due to forceful exertions of the muscles leading to unbearable pain.
- Another condition is where you witness a predisposition to sprained ankles. Further, ankles that have once endured sprains have a high chance of going through the same situation again.
- Loss of complete mobility of the wrist due to sprain in the ligaments. This generally occurs if you fall on the ground and land on your hand.
- When a blunt object hits the muscles, then there are chances of a lump formation. And, this is formed due to blood clots and results in weakness or stiffness of the muscle.
- Fractures include the broken wrist, hip, kneecap, or any other parts – require immediate treatment before the joints get dislocated.
- Plantar fasciitis is yet another condition of bone injury where specialized intervention is required.
The treatment can be either surgical or non-surgical based on the intensity of the injury. And, the next step after diagnosis will be decided by the doctors.
Any musculoskeletal condition requires a thorough inspection by an orthopedic doctor. Based on the injury category to the bone, surgeons, neurologists, and rheumatologists also coordinate the tasks. Here DIY techniques will not work as part of your home remedy.
You need to book a specialized orthopedic doctor who can treat you during an emergency. At ILS Hospitals, you gain high-end medical facilities and advanced treatment processes to cure disease.
Also Read Hair Loss Treatment